[Answer ID: 14347]
TeraStation Remote Backup
Created 06/21/2012 12:05 | Updated 06/21/2012 18:58
* This procedure is not actually done our operation checking.
To set up remote backup using the internal backup:
Go into the Web Configuration for both Terastations.
- Under "Disk backup", click [Add Terastation], enter the IP address of the opposite Terastation.
- The destination Terastation needs to have a shared folder created with Disk Backup as one of the supported protocols.
- In case they need to be opened or forwarded, the ports used are TCP 22939 for discovery, TCP 873 for unencrypted transfer, and TCP 8873 for encrypted transfer.
- The remote TeraStation passes its assigned IP address to the master, this means the remote must have a public IP address for this to work.
- Once the Terastations can see each other, to create the Backup job go to Disk Backup->Disk Backup. There can be up to 8 assigned jobs.
- Click on the job to be assigned and set the schedule, source and destination folders along with any other settings.
- Click apply. The job will run at the scheduled time.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.