[Answer ID: 11598]
How to connect the PC to the AirStation wirelessly by specifying SSID (Windows Vista).
You can connect to the wireless network using SSID set on the AirStaion as follows (Windows Vista)
●Wireless connection procedure
- Right-click the network icon in the Task tray
and select [Connect to a network]
※You can also go to [Network and Sharing Center], and select [Manage Wireless Networks] - [Add], to skip to 3.
- Select [Setup a connection or network]
- Select [Manually connect to a wireless network] , and click [Next]
- Connect to wireless network according to the encryption key settings on the AirStation.
Encryption key is set on the AirStation
- Change the settings as follows.
: Enter the SSID(ESS-ID) set on the AirStation
: Select the encryption type according to the AirStation settings. [WEP] : When WEP is chosen on the AirStation settings [WPA2-Personal] : When WPA2-PSK is chosen on the AirStaion settings [WPA-Personal] : When WPA-PSK is chosen on the AirStation settings [WPA2-Enterprise] : When WPA2-EAP is chosen on the AirStaion settings [WPA-Enterprise] : When WPA-EAP is chosen on the AirStation settings [802.1x] : When EAP(WEP) is chosen on the AirStation settings
: When you choose the Security type except [WEP]and [802.1x], you need to choose [AES] or [TKIP] according to the encryption settings on the AirStation.
・Security Key/Passphrase : Enter the encryption key set on the AirStaion.
Encryption key is not set on the AirStation
- Change the settings as follows
・Network name : Enter SSID (E-SSID) ・Security type : Select No authentication (Open) ・Start this connection automatically : Check ・Connect even if the network is not broadcasting : Check
Click [Next], after setting above.
- When you see [Set Network Location] screen, select the location.(ex. Private)
- Wait for the message [Successfully set network settings] , and click [Close]
The settings are done.
- When you can not get the IP address from DHCP server, you will see the yellow mark with ! on the icon in your task tray.
In that case, check your DHCP server settings.
- When you see the red x on the icon in your task tray, something might be wrong with the network key settings.
If the network key is not set on the AirStation, Go to step 1 , and select [No authentication(Open)] for Security Type, and try connecting again.